Help animals in Ohio with your license plate!
If you're a government employee, you can donate to the Humane Society of Greater Dayton through the CFC! Our CFC Code number is 62719, and we are listed as Humane Society of Greater Dayton. Thank you for your support!
Help Support our "No-Kill" movement!
- At some shelters, animals have just days to find a home. The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is different. We're committed to saving lives no matter how long it takes!
- We are the areas largest "no-kill" animal shelter!
- Be a HERO today and adopt a healthy, friendly, vaccinated, spayed/neutered shelter pet. Give them a loving home, and change their life forever!
- Your donation today can save a life! Help us end pet-overpopulation in our community responsibly.
- The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is funded entirely by private donations. Help fund our efforts and help us save more lives by donating to the Humane Society today!
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton's Commitment to the Animals in Our Care and Our Community Supporters
- We will save the life of every healthy, adoptable animal that enters our program.
- We will provide a comfortable bed; world-class Iams® nutrition; fresh, clean water; toys; and a climate-controlled shelter for the animals in our care.
- We will provide high-quality veterinary services, including vaccinations, spay/neuter procedures, disease testing, parasite treatments, etc.
- We will handle each animal with kindness, respect and lots of love (if they allow us to).
- We will do everything we can to save the life of injured and sick animals who enter our program.
- We will find new homes for as many healthy, friendly, homeless pets as possible – and we need your help!
- We will vaccinate, ear-tip (for identification – see Community Cat Initiative), spay/neuter and re-release free-roaming cats who are healthy, but unable to be adopted, so that we can save their lives.
- We will only euthanize an animal if it is too injured or too sick to be saved or if it is a dog that we know will hurt someone due to a highly aggressive temperament.