In honor of March being Poison Prevention Month, I thought this would be a great time to remind you about some everyday household items that can be toxic and even deadly to your pets. We all want to keep our pets healthy and safe. If at any time you believe your pet has consumed something that can be harmful, you should contact your vet immediately or call the ASPCA’s 24-hour poison prevention hotline at 888-426-4435. Here are a few items to avoid.
Flowers in the lily family can be extremely toxic to cats. If consumed, these plants can cause kidney failure or even death to your cat. Other plants such as poinsettias can also cause vomiting, diarrhea, blistering in the mouth and can make it difficult for your pet to breathe.