Website Humane Society of Greater Dayton
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is currently looking for a part-time person to help care for the animals at our shelter. Hours of this position are Mondays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Tuesdays through Fridays from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. Essential functions of this position include:
- Takes care of all animals in the building: cleaning, feeding, grooming, training, socializing, exercising etc.
- Administers certain medications & vaccinations (with veterinary approval only) and checks for illness.
- Keeps animal files up-to-date.
- Makes sure all animals are vaccinated and ready for adoption in a timely manner (i.e. vaccinated, wormed, blood tests).
- Evaluates the animal’s health and temperament and updates the Animal Care Administrator on a daily basis.
- Assists with veterinary checks.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in animal rooms, back hallway, food preparation room, outside kennel runs and other assigned areas of the building.
- Performs euthanasia when certified or assists in euthanasia by holding an animal.
- Launders and washes bowls, litter pans, towels, animal beds, carriers, etc.
- Socializes with the animals and gives the animals love and affection.
- Trains, encourages, motivates and provides positive guidance to volunteers for the Humane Society of Greater Dayton.
- Represents the Humane Society as a professional.
- May be called upon to perform other HSGD tasks including but not limited to the following: picking up injured cats, cleaning cat or dog areas, cleaning areas of the building, data entry, mailing items, ordering items, taking animal pictures, describing animals, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org