Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 – $24.00 per hour
Expected hours: 32 per week
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday through Thursday
Work Location: In person
As the One Health Advocacy Program Manager, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our mission by managing a caseload of clients referred to the program, providing crucial resources and support, and promoting the principles of One Health. This position requires a compassionate and experienced social worker who is dedicated to improving the lives of both human and animal communities.
- Manage a caseload of clients referred to One Health Advocate by Dayton Humane Veterinary Hospital.
- Maintain a comprehensive resource guide for clients, offering assistance in areas such as housing, food insecurity, abuse, elder care, hoarding, and mental health.
- Maintain organized files and detailed case notes on clients referred to One Health Intervention for assistance.
- Provide grief counseling for pet loss to support individuals and families coping with the loss of a beloved companion animal.
Collaboration with Humane Officer:
- Ride along with Humane Officer on hoarding or neglect calls.
- Assist in follow-up on cases to prevent re-offense.
- Attend court as an expert witness if necessary.
Social Work Externship Program Management:
- Develop relationships with local colleges to establish social work externship opportunities.
- Create externship programming for students interested in veterinary social work.
- Mentor externs with a focus on One Health principles.
Mental Health Support:
- Offer mental health support for issues such as burnout/compassion fatigue, grief counseling, and conflict resolution.
- 3 years of Social Work experience.
- Licensed in the state where work is performed.
- Interest in pursuing a Veterinary Social Work certificate.
- Knowledgeable of animal laws within the state.
- Community outreach and community resources knowledge.
- Must maintain confidentiality and uphold the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of case management/social work practices.
- Familiarity with program management and development.
- MS Office experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “One Health Advocacy Program Manager Application.”
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is dedicated to enhancing the well-being of both people and animals in our community. Embracing the principles of One Health, we recognize the interconnectedness of humans, animals, and the environment, and strive to improve the collective health and wellness of these entities through holistic and collaborative approaches.
Note: The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com