Humane Society of Greater Dayton is expanding! We are happy to announce an 8,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art veterinary facility and a new 8,000-square-foot humane facility. Our ability to help the animals of our community is about to increase exponentially!
The HSGD is well known for our passion for animal welfare, but did you know that we bring that same compassion and commitment to our staff? Our practice staff works as one to support the clients, patients and each other in a committed partnership. If you want to spend your workday in a culture that fosters learning, diversity and outstanding performance this is the right place for you.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated veterinary assistant to join our team. In addition to the technical skills necessary to provide quality patient care, we are looking for someone who understands the importance of providing exemplary customer service to all our clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Full-time positions available
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. The well-being of our staff and promoting a positive culture and work-life balance are key components of our internal structure.
Duties will include:
- Assisting surgical team
- Assisting in appointments
- Patient restraint and management
- Client communication and education
- Creation of invoices and estimate
- Cleaning and maintenance of the facility
- Animal nursing and care of a patient in a clinic setting
- Working with both pre and post-operative patients
- Medical terminology and medical abbreviations
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work a 10-hour shift
- Able to lift 40 pounds alone or 100 pounds assisted
- Positive attitude and a willingness to support clients, patients and teammates
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: 10-hour shift
Experience: Veterinary assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com