The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is currently accepting donations to help those families who do not have food or supplies to care for their pets. Currently, we have seen that the greatest need we have is for dry and canned cat and dog food. Here is a full list of items we are collecting:
- Dry Dog Food
- Dry Cat Food
- Canned Dog Food
- Canned Cat Food
- Large plastic tote containers
- Pet Bowls and Dishes
- Litter Boxes
- Non-clumping Kitty Litter
- KMR (Kitten Meal Replacement) Formula (both canned and powder)
- Miracle Nipples (for newborn kittens)
- Pet Beds
Items can be dropped off to the Humane Society of Greater Dayton’s main shelter, 1661 Nicholas Road in Dayton, Ohio during our regular business hours. If we are closed, please do not leave food outdoors. Due to rain and other weather conditions, we don’t want the donations ruined before we have staff on site again.
Regular hours at the Humane Society of Greater Dayton are:
- Mondays (we are not open to the public but have staff that can accept your donations between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.).
- Tuesday – Friday from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays from 12 to 4 p.m.
Microchip Your Pet
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton will be offering free microchips at their main location, 1661 Nicholas Road in Dayton through June 15th. No appointments are needed. Just simply bring in your pet and we can do it on site.