To build a community in which all animals are valued and free from suffering and life is enhanced through relationships with pets
Building loving and valued relationships between animals and people.
What We Do
- We find homes for homeless pets.
- We reunite lost pets with their families.
- We reduce pet overpopulation, through proactive spay/neuter programs.
- We work to eliminate animal abuse and neglect, through cruelty investigations and community action.
- We serve as a resource for pet owners, to enhance the human-animal bond.
- We collaborate with community organizations and companies, to make our programs more effective.
- We strive to be the area’s most proactive and effective animal-care agency.
Did You Know?
- The largest no-kill animal welfare agency
- The only agency to care for all types of animals
- The only agency with humane agents investigating cruelty and neglect
- The longest-serving agency helping animals since 1902
- Solely funded by individuals, corporations and grants
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is a nonprofit organization supported entirely by the generous contributions of the community. We have served Montgomery County for more than 100 years and are the oldest, most established animal-wellness center in the area.
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is committed to helping lost, abandoned and homeless animals, and to providing Dayton’s families with the resources to become loving, lifelong pet owners.
* Photo courtesy of myhouserabbit.com