We've Been Saving and Supporting Animals for More Than 120 Years
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is proud to be a no-kill organization that has been serving the animals and people of the Miami Valley since 1902. To put that into perspective, we’ve been committed to the animals in our community before the Wright Brothers invented flight!
We have been devoted to saving animals for 121 years.
It is the Humane Society of Greater Dayton’s mission to build a community in which all animals are valued and free from suffering, and life is enhanced through the relationships with pets.
Building loving and valued relationships between animals and people.
What Sets the Humane Society of Greater Dayton Apart As the Leader in Animal Welfare Within Our Community?
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is:
- A no-kill animal welfare agency.
- The ONLY organization in the Miami Valley helping all types of animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits, farm animals, exotics, birds, small animals, and more.
- The OLDEST AND MOST-ESTABLISHED animal organization in the area. We’ve been helping people and pets since 1902.
- The ONLY organization with sworn humane agents on staff investigating cruelty and neglect against ALL types of animals.
- Run SOLELY by donations. We receive no government funding and rely on the generosity of individuals, companies, and grants to fund 100 percent of our programs and services. Although we have Humane Society in our name, we are not affiliated with any other animal welfare agency in the region, state, or nation. All funds raised stay right here to help animals locally.
- Rated in the TOP 4 PERCENT NATIONALLY as a 4-star nonprofit through Charity Navigator, a national watchdog group that ensures nonprofits are good stewards of all donations and gifts. We also have received the highest rating possible through Guidestar, and in 2017 received the BBB Eclipse Integrity Award for the impact we have made on our community.
Who We Are