For media inquiries or for permission to use our name or logo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is a no-kill animal welfare agency located in Dayton, Ohio. Our organization’s mission is to ensure all animals are valued and free from suffering. Since 1902, we have been focusing on this through several programs, including:
The Humane Society by the Numbers
1,981 – The number of animals placed in 2019.
4,119 – The number of animals spayed or neutered in 2019.
443 – The number of cases of cruelty or neglect we investigated in 2019.
519 – The number of active volunteers we have helping save animals.
175 – The number of events we held in the community in 2019.
99 percent – Our average save rate of animals entering our shelter.
118 – The number of years we have been helping the people and pets in our community.
What Makes the Humane Society of Greater Dayton Unique?
- We are a no-kill animal welfare agency.
- We are the oldest, most-established agency in the Miami Valley. We were founded in 1902. To put that into perspective, we were here helping pets before the Wright Brothers invented flight.
- We are the only organization in the Miami Valley, helping all types of animals. From cats and dogs to rabbits, farm animals, small pets, and exotics, we are here to help them all!
- We are solely funded by individuals, companies, and grants. We receive no government funding and are not affiliated with any other group on a local, state, or national level (including the Humane Society of the United States).
- We are the only agency in Montgomery County with humane agents investigating cruelty and neglect cases against all types of animals.
- We are rated in the top 4 percent nationally for receiving a 4-star rating through Charity Navigator for 8 consecutive years.